Internet turns 30...




Per this link Internet turns 30 this week - hard to believe it is this 'old' - though the internet as we know it today didn't really take off until the early 90's. I remember a friend of mine telling me of a service using the old Cleveland Free-net where you could login to a library site in London, England - and I thought there was no way without very high long distance fees!

Was I wrong, but it has changed most everything we do now in our lives, at times many of us wish we never used it, but I think the good points outweigh anything bad that has come from it. Like everything else, people will want to use it for whatever they want, and really nobody should be able to tell them differently.

Wonder how thing will look for the internet in another 30 years?

Comments