Keyless Ignitions not shutting down and causing carbon monoxide poisoning..

Here is an article, one of many I have seen the last few weeks discussing the growing number of deaths from carbon monoxide poisoning from people's keyless ignition cars not shutting down like they should once the owner takes the keys with them, away from the car.

I've driven a keyless car a few years ago - the Toyota Prius - current model - and I wondered if it just shut down automatically once you park and take the key with you. It looks like many people aren't aware their cars are still running and have died from carbon monoxide poisoning from their cars still running. Glad I still have an older ignition-type car where I have to turn off the ignition before removing the keys.